This website has been designed to be accessible to all web users, irrespective of individual abilities and browser type. This statement gives information about accessibility features, and levels of conformance to industry standards.
Font Size Change
Additionally, some web browsers provide the ability to switch between alternative style sheets. There are five text size settings that can be set by using this feature: Default, Small, Large, Larger and Largest.
Font Style Change
There are three font styles to choose from: Arial (default), Tahoma, and Comic Sans (Comic).
Background Colour Change
Access keys are keyboard shortcuts that provide links to important areas of the site. Windows users can press ALT + an access key, followed by RETURN for those using Microsoft Internet Explorer. Apple Macintosh users can press CONTROL + an access key.
This website uses the following UK Government standard access keys:
- Access key S - Skip to content
- Access key 1 - Home page
- Access key 3 - Site map
- Access key 4 - Search
- Access key 8 - Disclaimer / Privacy
- Access key 9 - Contact Us / Feedback
- Access key 0 - Accessibility statement
The following additional access keys are also available:
- Access key N - Skip to navigation
- Access key K - Skip to footer links
- Access key I - About Us
- Access key U - Student Support
- Access key R - Student Resources
- Access key L - People in the Department
- Access key M - Mathematics Education Centre
- Access key W - News
- Access key P - Campus Map
- Access key X - Loughborough University Homepage
Font style / size access keys:
- Access key > - Increase font size
- Access key < - Decrease font size
- Access key 5 - Change font to Arial
- Access key 6 - Change font to Tahoma
- Access key 7 - Change font to Comic Sans
What other useful keyboard shortcuts are there?
'tab' moves you through the different page elements.
'backspace' moves you back through the pages you have already visited.
'alt' and 'left arrow/cursor' moves you back through the pages you have already visited.
'alt' and 'right arrow/cursor' moves you forward through pages you have already visited.
'ctrl' and 'home' takes you to the beginning of the page.
'ctrl' and 'end' takes you to the end of the page.
'spacebar' moves the page down.
'page up' and 'page down' moves the page up and down.
Supported Web Browsers
The following web browsers support the functionality of these web pages.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0+
- Mozilla Firefox 1.0+
- Netscape Navigator 6.0+
- Opera 6.0+ - Font Style and Font Size functionality only available from the View > Styles menu. Background Colour change not fully supported.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.2
- Mozilla Firefox 1.0+
- Camino 0.8.4+
- Safari 1.2+.
All pages on this site conform to the following standards where possible:
If you have any feedback about the accessibility of our website, please contact us. Your comments will help us improve our website in future, but please note that we will not necessarily be able to reply.Top